Is it possible to import to the Emirates
When packing a suitcase for a trip, tourists always experience the most when planning to visit Arab countries, they are worried about whether it is possible to import medicines, alcohol into the emirates and what prohibitions exist.
This is justified by harsh laws, clear rules and serious requirements in relation to local residents and migrants. Specialists of a real estate agency in the United Arab Emirates publish requirements on their websites and ask you to familiarize yourself with them in advance so as not to run into problems at the border.
Features of customs control
Customs has existed in the UAE for over a hundred years. After passing through several stages, the customs took on an institutional form during the era of such sheikhs as Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan and Rashid bin Said Al Maktoum. The Federal Customs Administration (FCA) conducts customs policy, enforces customs laws and regulations, and represents the UAE domestically and internationally. Local customs departments carry out the executive work and develop customs policies for each emirate, based on the GCC General Customs Law (PDF). The UAE leads the world in the Customs Efficiency Index. The index measures the efficiency of customs authorities in 63 countries around the world. This is determined by asking an audience of entrepreneurs and institutions about their experience with customs services in the field of shipping.
Do's and Don'ts: Key Categories
It is important for tourists to know whether it is possible to import certain categories of goods into the emirates or whether it is better to abstain. The UAE is very strict regarding the import of prohibited goods and smuggling of prohibited goods into the UAE. The wide list of prohibited items includes:
- drugs and medicines, the import of which must have a permit;
- pirated content;
- counterfeit currency;
- items used in black magic, witchcraft;
- publications and works of art that contradict or challenge Islamic teachings and values have the potential to
- become grounds for religious conflict;
- gaming instruments and slot machines, as well as other elements related to gambling.
Limited items in the UAE
Some goods, such as animal products, medicines and weapons, can only be imported/exported after obtaining the necessary permits from the competent authorities. If a person comes to the country and is interested in how to buy an apartment in the United Arab Emirates or is planning his visit for the purpose of tourism, the rules remain the same for everyone.
Foodstuffs are subject to the following import limits:
- 20 liters of yogurt;
- 50 liters of oil (including olive oil);
- 10 kg of various types of vegetables and fruits;
- 10 kg of sweets and bakery products;
- 30 kg of grains, cereals and red meat;
- 10 kg of fish and seafood;
- 500 g of caviar;
- 11 kg of eggs;
- 20 kg of honey;
- 5 kg of herbs and spices, including vinegar, orange water and rose water;
- 500 g of saffron;
- 10 kg of special food, such as baby food;
- 20 liters of drinks and syrups, including water;
- 5 kg of juice concentrates;
- 25 kg of canned food.
When wondering if it is possible to bring alcohol into the emirates, the traveler should know that he is allowed to take with him no more than 4 liters of alcoholic beverages or 2 blocks of beer to Dubai. And also no more than 2 liters of alcoholic beverages in Abu Dhabi. Limits, restrictions and requirements vary by emirate and its local laws.